- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups whole milk
- 6 ounces 62% semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped (I used good quality semisweet chocolate chips; use 70% bittersweet if you want more of a dark chocolate kick)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1. Combine the cornstarch, sugar and salt in the top of a double boiler. Slowly whisk in the milk, scraping the bottom and sides with a heatproof spatula to incorporate the dry ingredients. Place over gently simmering water and stir occasionally, scraping the bottom and sides. Use a whisk as necessary should lumps begin to form. After 15 to 20 minutes, when the mixture begins to thicken and coats the back of the spoon, add the chocolate. Continue stirring for about 2 to 4 minutes, or until the pudding is smooth and thickened. Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla.
2. Strain through a fine-mesh strainer (or skip this step if you’re a slacker like me who is absolutely certain that there is nary a lump her puddin’) into a serving bowl or into a large measuring cup with a spout and pour into individual serving dishes.
3. If you like pudding skin, pull plastic wrap over the top of the serving dish(es) before refrigerating. If you dislike pudding skin, place plastic wrap on top of the pudding and smooth it gently against the surface before refrigerating. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes
*Best served chilled
I tried this recipe, here are the results ;-) practice makes perfect! *muaxxx*
You will get a smoother surface if you beat the mixture longer (till it becomes very smooth)
These are the pictures from my second attempt ;-)
My Lovely Valentine's day gift from all my jiejie-s (pot pot, shio shio, mbek & angie ) :-D
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Hope you guys like the Chocolate pudding :-3
Yep, I didn't get any roses or anything this year (like every other years) and i'm happy for that :P
At least i won't have a stalker outside my house or my working place..
It's great to be single sometimes lol *trollface*