I am not the the type that would purposely go find go find trouble when there is none and above all i value friendship very much to the point i have developed the ability to close an eye to the s**t one does to me because i try to see things from their perspective at that point of time. Not all people are bad, and all are bound to make human errors which we can either choose to forgive or break ties, so this is my story for what happened in Langkawi for the last one week while i was away for LIMA 2017.
Thank God our client kesian* us and provided us with some food, well done to the agent for screwing up the food arrangements.
"i could have easily got someone else instead of you"
This is never about the client because they are always wonderful, it's usually the agents that screws up everything, so girls please pick your agents wisely.
But there was a saying that goes "if you can't trust your employees to do the job, don't bother hiring them" it's as simple as that. Imposing a curfew of 10.30pm sounds like a rule every underage high schooler is given by their parents and you are dealing with with people who are 19-25 years old. At least a reasonable timing of 12am isn't too bad, giving the other girls some time to enjoy their first LIMA job like how i did with the same agent back in 2011. See how much has changed since then? Last time we could even share a drink while watching the sunset and drinking more back at the room but at least we were treated like equals, that's how it should have been all this while. But this year, you have created this invisible barrier preventing everyone from being able to talk to you, not sure what kind of image you are trying to create among your contracted workers but it somewhat felt like you were just being an uptight unreasonable person all of a sudden.
Yes i am shocked indeed, but then again this wasn't much of a big deal for me as it was for the other girls.
And when it comes to respect, it's very clear that "treat others how you want to be treated", so if you have decided to be a b*tch from the very beginning, don't be surprise if people around you give you the same kind of treatment. Enough said, i am pretty sure anyone with a functioning brain should be able to figure that out.
If you want to be professional then quit your favoritism behavior and treat everyone as equals, nobody cares about how much effort you took to build your empire when it's going to crumble overnight from your careless mistake and newsflash, everyone has their own struggles not only you.
When one of the girls nearly got kidnapped on the 2nd night we were there, never in my life i panicked this much bolting on full speed along Cenang road trying to find the car and this was for a stranger i just met too. In my mind i thought we were gonna lose her for good as we know how all these "tourists" do things, get a local girl drunk and bring them back to rape before dropping them off elsewhere or worst case scenario dumping a dead body. Hell was i going to let that happen to my newly met roommate, i know i had every right to be angry and scared that night because i nearly lost her though it was not my responsibility to babysit anybody in the group. And when i brought this matter up to your door instead of thanking me that your girl who was supposed to be under your care is safe you tell me that i am fired and go get on the next flight home.
Right, like i was going to do that and leave you to answer your client the next morning, probably the 2011 me might have done that without batting an eyelash but i am here to work and complete the job regardless of what you say UNLESS the client dismisses me.
Just because i raised my voice at you for not picking up your damn phone in that time of need, even your damn pets surrounding you couldn't be bothered to answer their phones because you told them not to. If she was gone, who's gonna be held responsible? Your company or blame everyone else but yourself?
To be really honest from your words that doesn't need much deciphering, you couldn't give a hoot about the girls' safety because it's clear as daylight that you are only worried about your own reputation and nothing else. Deny it all you want but that's how we all felt and that's more than a dozen girls there.
I couldn't care less when you shouted those words to me, so what if i don't get paid and sent home at least my CONSCIENCE is clear and i can sleep at night knowing i prevented someone from being kidnapped or murdered that night. And for you who's always saying that everyone else around you is immature, your words pretty much reflected that.
You wouldn't know how it feels like when someone around you dies under your watch so don't you dare to use the "high horse" word on me when i am trying to knock some sense into you as a friend.
Am still feeling bad that i slapped my tipsy room mate to wake her up, hope she can one day truly forgive me for doing so.
I'm not going to mention your agency name because i know how your empire can vanish overnight if i do, at least take this as a constructive feedback to improve the crew and yourself if you want to advance faster. Don't worry, you don't have to deal with me anymore because i am not going to work under you after this whole incident. Once bitten twice shy
Thank you for everything for the past 8 years, i've already said my apologies to your face so it's time for me to move on.
Good luck to you.
I've seen previous client's bill before so i know how much is being cut out every single time, but here are some rough figures of what to expect before applying. Yep, agents are so going to hate me for this but no one deserves to be underpaid la. Everyone need to makan* also at the end of the day.
WORKING GUIDE FOR LIMA
1. Market rate for LIMA, minimal pay for hostess is RM300/day because agents usually charge them about RM700-1000 per head for regular grade hostesses excluding transportation, food and accommodation + agent fees. Yes we girls are graded like meat from the butcher.
2. For promoters, lowest should be RM180-200/day and if it's any lower you are seriously being underpaid for an OUTSTATION job. I was being paid RM150/day standing from 8am-5.30pm and the only time i got to sit was during my 1 hour lunch break or my non existent 5 min toilet break, those who work promoter jobs would know about how tiring and painful it is. And in the contract i signed for this LIMA with the agent i was tricked into thinking i applied for a "hostess position" when it was clearly a promoter job.
*Unless you are a VOLUNTEER for LIMA then your pay would be about RM100-120 per day.
3. Job of a hostess is to serve your clients and assist them whenever needed while taking care of their booth. It includes making, serving coffee, tea and other drinks with snacks. Ensuring their premises are clean and explaining about the brand/ product if there are any inquiries by interested parties. Most of the time you are the pretty front liner that serves as an attraction.
4. If you can speak other languages like French, German, Italian aside from perfect English, you are pretty much wanted here with a good price label.
5. All transport, accommodation and food (breakfast, lunch, dinner) are provided if not there will be an allowance for it. One case i encountered was given RM50 a day to settle all my 3 meals.